Monday, June 16, 2008

What does the name mean?

Before I start, let me be polite and welcome you to my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to read what I have to say about what I feel is important. Okay... now since that's out of the way...

You might be wondering why the name of my blog is Costly Speech. Well, simply put, my parents always taught me that every word has power and influence. Although a blog is the perfect example of the freedom of speech that we have as Americans, I feel that everything I say here is a reflection of who I am, and, therefore, I have to be careful in what I write. Don't get me wrong... the main reason I'm starting this blog is to express myself, and so I'm going to let all of my true feelings out to the best of my ability. But, I still have to take responsibility for anything that I write, since this blog does belong to me and only me. I hope nothing that I say on here will end up being too costly.

Enjoy...

No comments: