Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Letter from a Disappointed Fan...

Dear Lakers,

There's nothing worse than seeing my favorite team make it all the way to the very end and then lose. Wait... I take that back. Seeing them go that far, only to show no sense of urgency and completely give up is even more disheartening. Right now, you could probably convince me that President Bush is more committed to improving his approval rating than you guys are to winning the championship this season... which is why I had to turn the game off.

Don't get it twisted... I love you guys as much as any other Lakers fan does. But I can't bring myself to watch my 12 favorite players handing the game over to the other team. Literally. 17 turnovers? 16 of which came from having the ball stolen? Only 1 (yes, just 1) offensive rebound for the whole team? And all of this still with 9:27 left in the game? Come on. 

Honestly, I'd rather all of you just walk off the court now and stop pretending. If you don't want it as much as the Celtics do, then fine... but don't give your fans false hope by continuing to play. Just call it a night, shake the Celtics' hands, take second place and try it again next season.

Thanks,
D. Hudson 

No comments: