Sunday, June 22, 2008

Late Night Special

It's late Saturday night (or early Sunday morning... whatever works for you), and I just realized that I haven't posted to my blog in the last four days... so I thought I'd change that.

Anyway, I'm about to start my summer job on Monday, working with kids, ages 4-14, that have different types of behavioral problems or have experienced different types of abuse. I'm helping teach music and dance to all of the 150+ kids in the program. It's a good ministry, but it's going to be a long summer. From 7:15 AM - 3:45 PM, Monday - Friday, until August 15. Honestly, I don't think I'm ready for this... I've never worked with kids before, and I've never really taught before either. But, for some reason, I'm not worried about it. I'm pretty confident that after the program is finished at the end of the summer, I'll be fulfilled and I'll look forward to maybe doing it again next year.

Hopefully Monday won't change my thoughts on that.

No comments: