Friday, May 22, 2009

Praise God!

It's the weekend! More specifically, it's Memorial Day weekend. So I don't have class until Tuesday. I also don't have any more doctor's appointments, as my doctor told me yesterday that my eye is completely healed and my vision is perfect again. God is great, and greatly to be praised! (Thus, the title of this post.)

So what am I doing for the weekend? Nothing exciting, really. I'll probably just stay at school and chill out, relax, etc. Boring, I know. But after the last two weeks, I can use the rest.

Speaking of rest, I think those Cavaliers got a little too much of it. Having that long break after the conference semifinals definitely didn't seem to bode well for King James and his royal court Wednesday night in Game 1 of the conference finals. They started out strong against the Magic, building a 15-point lead by halftime. But they just couldn't hold on.

The Magic, however, after going for 6 games and 7 games in the first round and the conference semifinals, respectively, looked much more efficient down the stretch, made obvious by their 107-106 win. Even with LeBron's 49/8/6 performance, the Cavaliers just couldn't get it done.

Hopefully they'll get it done tonight.

No disrespect to the Magic, but I, along with approximately 99.76% of NBA-watching people, would love to see a Kobe vs. LeBron matchup in the Finals. That would just be too beautiful. I think...

But this Kobe vs. Melo matchup looks like it might be better than any potential faceoff between the Black Mamba and the King. During the regular season, both Kobe and LeBron averaged only 19.5 points per game when facing one another. In the first 2 games of these Western Conference Finals, Kobe's averaging 36 points per game, while Melo's averaging 36.5. A little better than that 19.5 average between Kobe and LeBron...

Actually, don't mind that last paragraph. After doing some calculations, I found that, during the Lakers-Nuggets regular season matchups, Kobe averaged 31 points per game, while Melo averaged a pitiful 14.5 points per game. So I guess that proves that the playoffs bring out the best in everybody.

If that's the case then, I really want to see the Lakers play the Cavaliers in the Finals, even more so than I did before. Kobe and LeBron bringing the best out of each other? And we already know that both of these guys love to put on a show for the crowd. Man... that would be a series for the ages.

Stay tuned... hopefully the #24 vs. #23 matchup... I mean, the Lakers vs. Cavaliers matchup, will be coming soon to a TV near you.

No comments: